Disruptive Technologists: NYC – The Smart City Of Tomorrow?
Monday, December 16, 2019
6:15 PM to 8:45 PM
11 Times Square. New York, NY
Discover the smart technologies that keep your community connected. By incorporating information and communication technologies, smart cities can enhance the quality and performance of services such as art, health & even financial security.
We will hold a discussion about how smart communities use multiple sources of data, online resources & social connectedness to improve the communities for both the residents and visitors.
MEET THE PANELISTS
1. Eric Adams: First African-American Borough President of Brooklyn, NY. Previously he was a Democratic State Senator in the NY Senate.
2. Andrew Rasiej: Founder & CEO, Civic Hall; Chairman, NY Tech Alliance; Founder & Publisher, Personal Democracy Media.
3. Jordan Gitterman: Founder, Item Banc – developing & implementing crypto, smart city & blockchain tech that has a positive social impact
4. Esther Dyson, Angel Investor (Square) & Executive Director of Wellville, a 10-year project to improve health, well-being & financial outcomes in 5 US communities.
5. Tara Pham, Urban Technologist, Co-Founder & CEO at Numina – street activity.
FIRESIDE CHAT EXPERTS
6. David Edelsohn: Ph.D.STSM, IBM Open Source Ecosystem, CTO, GCC Technology
7. Chris Joyce: Founder & CEO Gusher; Venture Capital Disrupter, Company Creator
8. Dana Corriel, MD: Founder of SoMeDocs; Consultant: Healthcare Social Media
9. Lisa Chai, Senior Research Analyst, ROBO Global
Microsoft Reactor Host
Sep DiMeglio, developer audiences & AI Advocate, Microsoft.
Oliver Christie: Futurist: Founder, Foxy Machine; Co-Founder, Moven AI; Data Science Head, Opus AI
Fireside Chat Moderator
Bruce Epstein, Knowledge Transfer Wizard – leveraging critical info through AI.
Master of Ceremonies/Podcast Host
Dania Hammad: Dose of Dania
Jeffrey Paul & Steve Durham from Ziotag: advanced deep tagging.
Drinks & Munchies: Cookies** Essence Water from Hint ** Gourmet Sandwiches ** Giveaways: Disruptive Techies books & mugs & t-shirts! from Anchin & Anchin ** Wine & Beer from Anchin Accountants and Advisors **
** EXTRA Special Thanks to our Disruptive Technologists® Think Tank Council & Events Sponsor-Partner: McCarter & English and David Sorin, Partner & Chair – Venture Capital & Emerging Growth Company Practices
** AND EXTRA Special Thanks to Microsoft Reactor #MSFTReactor
….and Anchin Accountants & Advisor’s
Slides From The Event:
“Our Mission is to inspire, guide, advise, teach, change and create disrupters.”
300 attendees per event
1,000 weekly readers
40 think tank members
30 team members
Disruptive Technologists Are:
Developers, founders, investors, hackers, startups, professors, students, journalists, media, vendors, corporations, and entrepreneurs.
Our events are held at Microsoft in Times Square, and average 300 people each time. (The room holds 280 but people come and go so we let a few more in).
We are a well-respected, women-run team heading what I would like to call a “Cheerleading” organization, meaning that in return for sponsorship, we give:
Marketing, Branding, Goodwill, Promotion.
The DT Toolbox:
We do this through our toolbox of services, skills, and products-
Panelist positions • Speaker positions • Digital Publication articles • Newsletter articles • Social Media Network • Podcasts • Videos • Quarterly Events at Microsoft in Times Square • Think Tank Council • Think Tank Dinners • Think Tank Council 1-Hour Meetings • Logos, Links, Graphics • Giveaways • Books (quotes) • Research • Curated Columns • People Connections • Use of the registered name “Disruptive Technologists”
Founder & Publisher:
212 300 4084
Our Event Site:
Disruptive Technologists 2020 Lineup
Disrupting Education & Diversity
2020 Q1 – 3/23/20
Tech’s effect on bias, education, and teaching.
Disrupting Charities & Humanitarian Work
2020 Q2 – 6/22/20
Tech’s effect on non-profits, community, and aid.
Disrupting Family Life
2020 Q3 – 9/14/20
Tech’s effect on family systems and relationships.
2020 Q4 – 12/14/20
Tech’s effect on politics, voting, and representation.